What's the role?
We’re looking for a Repair Technician to join our Tool Service Centre team. Our people come from all different backgrounds with a shared dedication to high performance, consistent results and exceptional customer service.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
This is a hands-on position where you’ll ensure allrepairs carried out is in accordance with the high-quality standardsrequirement covering repair, performance and final inspection laid down by ourrepair instructions. This needs to be done quickly but not sacrificing quality.You'll also need to observe and maintain all safety requirements with regardsto the safe use of all workshop machines and repair equipment ensuring thatthey are all in good working conditions. Participate and drive continuousimprovement program and sustainability initiatives.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you what you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training from the start. Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we'll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
On top of these, we have a thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Minimum 3 years working experience with hands-on maintenance and repairing skillset in machinery or electric tools
- Strong hands-on skill and proficiency in analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven performance in problem solving
- A self-starter who can work on his/her own initiative and team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively across functional teams within organization
- Able to interpret and understand basic mechanical drawings
- Have an eye for HSE related matters at the workshop
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Good communication skills in English and preferably another language
- Team-oriented with courage, commitment and flexibility
- Applicants with professional training as an electronic tool mechanic, electric mechanical engineer, electrician or similar will have an added advantage
- Familiar with basic usage of SAP will be added advantage
- Nitec/Diploma in Engineering or related discipline
By submitting your resume, you confirm and agree that Hilti Far East Pte Ltd and its related companies worldwide (collectively, “Hilti Group”) may collect, use and disclose your data for their recruitment purposes. This may include selecting, evaluating and recruiting candidates for roles or positions that differ from the above job description, but for which we believe that you may be interested in or appropriate for.
We look forward to receiving your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”