Regional Compliance Officer
What's the role?
We are looking for a Regional Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer to join our Hilti Regional office in Singapore. This exciting new role will cover 9 market jurisdictions in the South Asia Pacific Region.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
The role involves full-spectrum in-house legal and compliance work reporting to the Region Head of Legal and Compliance.
For legal work, the role supports and undertakes matters in the following areas:
- Contract review, qualification and negotiation
- Corporate legal, including company secretarial, directorship, employment, tax, employment, and other matters
- Internal stakeholder management with all levels of staff through the Region and Market Organisation
- Championing, training and implementation of Hilti Group initiatives
As Regional Compliance Officer, the role supports and undertakes matters in the following areas:
- Periodic publication, training, investigation, and support to the various businesses on all compliance matters including the area of anti-corruption, anti-competition, fraud prevention, anti-discrimination, and conflict of interest
- Support the Region Head of Legal and Compliance in policy development, championing Regional/Group policies, and co-ordinate implementation of compliance initiatives working with the Local Compliance Officers of Market Organisations in the Region.
- Monitoring implementation, coordinate compliance reporting and support Regional Head of Legal and Compliance and Group Chief Compliance Officer in internal investigations.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you what you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training from the start. Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we'll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
On top of these, we have a thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- 5 + years post-qualification experience as a fully qualified lawyer with an LLB (Hons.) (or equivalent) and called to the Bar of any of the jurisdictions named above (Australia, New Zealand, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam)
- Substantial legal/compliance experience from a reputable regional/global law firm
- Substantial experience within an in-house legal, and/or contracts management department
- Substantial compliance experience within large multi-national organization’s compliance department
- Regional Exposure (including a substantial number of the countries named above)
- Languages: English (Fluent), and one other regional language is preferred.
- IT literacy (Agile and adaptable. MS-Office + online platform for compliance management)
By submitting your resume, you confirm and agree that Hilti Asia Pacific Pte Lt and its related companies worldwide (collectively, “Hilti Group”) may collect, use and disclose your data for their recruitment purposes. This may include selecting, evaluating and recruiting candidates for roles or positions that differ from the above job description, but for which we believe that you may be interested in or appropriate for.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”