Business Developer, Onshore
What's the role?
We are looking for a customer-focused Business Developer, Onshore to develop his/her career in a rewarding, high-performing, international company.
The Business Developer (BD) role is a technical sales role where you will be focusing on a portfolio of Owners, Engineering Procurement Construction companies (EPC) and Contractors in Refinery, LNG, and Petrochemical projects in the Onshore segment in Singapore. You will create strategies and lead its execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and technical specifications through the cooperation with global as well as regional BD community and the support from technical back office.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
Day to day, you will be responsible to identify the key contacts for targeted projects of the focus accounts, develop standards and specifications with Hilti solutions, as well as to coordinate with the sales team on current and future Onshore projects being designed and built in Singapore. The key responsibilities include:
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase department, lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement)
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that affect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company
What do we offer?
We’ll give you what you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training from the start. Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we'll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
On top of these, we have a thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Civil
- Minimum 3 years' experience in business development or sales for specified engineering products or sales of solutions, marketing management experience is a plus
- Experience with or within Energy projects in Singapore is preferred. Existing network with Singapore EPCs and owners is a plus
- Business sales negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to succeed
- Acts independently and thinks strategically
- Work experience in multicultural environment
- Due to the nature of the role, a driving license is essential
By submitting your resume, you confirm and agree that Hilti Far East Pte Ltd and its related companies worldwide (collectively, “Hilti Group”) may collect, use and disclose your data for their recruitment purposes. This may include selecting, evaluating and recruiting candidates for roles or positions that differ from the above job description, but for which we believe that you may be interested in or appropriate for.
We look forward to receiving your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”